Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Research Blog #1: Initial Topic Idea

For my research project I would like to discuss the idea of student loan debt based on our previous readings and some personal research I have done. I would like to trace the concept of debt back to its origin and identify the shift between good will exchange and the arise of a debt-fueled economy. I would then like to discuss the shift from secondary education being accessible to all to becoming accessible to only those that can afford it financially. Lastly, I would like to conclude my research with an exploration of the possibilities for paying off student loan debt... god I hope there is a possibility to pay off student loan debt!


1 comment:

  1. There is a lot to be written on student debt. I am not too sure that an exploration of the deep history of debt will be so useful, though there is the book "Debt: The First 5,000 Years" that would be a logical starting point.

    Perhaps you could just look at the historical changes since 1980 that led in this direction.

    ReplyDelete